Thursday, September 30, 2010

Mind Maps
















I chose to do my mind maps on the process/problem of quitting smoking and all that it entails to me. I had just decided to stop smoking for a variety of reasons that are illustrated in my maps. I started with the ashtray focus in my first map, but admittedly had trouble getting my thoughts down in illustrations and keywords. After I took some time away from my first rough map I found it alot easier to use the first map as a jumping off point. Having a few ideas down in the first map really helped me see where my mind was trying to go with the final product. I was able to break off my thoughts into basically three different branches. The first branch being what was keeping me smoking i.e. the different stressors in my life. The second being why I was quitting i.e. the health risks and negatives to smoking. The third branch was all about how to deal with the temptation I would and have faced. Being that my drawing skills are sub par at best I decided to nix the ashtray approach from my first map, and after I had the cigarette around the focus in the second map I knew I had my color scheme down for how I was going to make the keywords pop, and once I had the colors of the words down ideas for images to accompany the keywords just kind of kept popping into my head and luckily for me the illustrations I thought of weren't too hard to draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment