Thursday, September 30, 2010

Concept Map















I chose to do my concept map on the gaming industry, as gaming is a big interest of mine. I started with the playstation controller in the middle because that is the system that I own, then from there I branched out and put each of the main consoles of this generation down from Nintendo to Microsoft's Xbox to Sony's Playstation. Once I had each of the consoles down I my mind jumped to the hundreds of games that were out for each respective system. I decided to put down a major title from each of the systems. After I had a game down for each system I realized that I'd totally forgotten handheld consoles. What really reminded me of the handhelds was listing the God of War titles and I remembered Chains of Olympus that was for the PSP (Playstation Portable). Once I had Chains of Olympus down I couldn't leave out the Nintendo handhelds which really started handheld gaming in the industry with the first Gameboy. After I put down the latest consoles for each system I realized that since Nintendo's latest system had motion control capabilities that I should represent the motion control capabilities of the other systems even though Microsoft's Kinect won't come out until November. I connected all the systems with motion gaming capabilities with a pink line because I thought it would stand out to further accentuate the connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment